Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Personal Style Icon: Majorettes

What is a majorette, you may ask?
"A majorette is a person doing choreographed dance or movement, primarily baton twirling associated with marching bands during parades."
Basically, majorettes are kick ass (I actually have never seen a real life majorette, so maybe you are one and you're reading this and you're like "It's not kick ass, trust me!" If so, TELL ME!! Educate me on the ways of the majorettes!) ladies who twirl batons and (quoting Wiki again here) "also twirl knives, fire knives, flags, light-up batons, and fire batons. They do illusions, cartwheels, and flips, and sometimes twirl up to four batons at a time."
LIKE, WHOA!! Isn't the coolest thing you ever heard of?!?! 
I went to cheer-leading camp for 3 years when I was a little cutie baby, and LEMME TELL YOU, we did some crazy stuff, BUT WE DID NOT TWIRL FIRE KNIVES. 
PLUS, majorettes are my personal style icons. THE BOOTS. THE SKIRTS. THE FUZZY HAT THINGS.

Hopefully you get as inspired by them as I am 









(Source)

 (Source)
(Source)

 (Source)

(Source)

Diane von Furstenberg merino wool jacket, $180 / Cream pleated skirt / Vintage booties / Vintage eyewear
My Polyvore take on majorette babes <3 

So, grab your baton and your fuzzy hat, and start twirling!

xoxo
Psychedelic Daisy

14 comments:

  1. love love love!!

    xx eva
    stylewandering

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i just have nostalgic-beauty-overload

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMMGGGGG i know and after writing this i was pretty much just sitting in my corner crying, wishing I had go-go boots and a baton.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've always dreamt to be a majorette, you remind me why!
    xxx Edie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AREN'T THEY FABBBBBBBULOUS? It will always be my dream to twirl a baton with the likes of them!! <3

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. This is so very refreshing and original! I love it :)
    R x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, awww, awww!~ Thank you so much, babely!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. love this! the closest i ever got was being a girl scout in a parade...
    --Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! AHHHHHHH I was almost in a parade once. Still, that is so so so cool and I have to say you ruleeee, because girl scouts are also such cutie patootie style icons!
      xoxox

      Delete
  6. These pictures are so fun to look at! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?! Majorettes are so freaking rad and these pictures are no exception <3
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I want to twirl some FIRE KNIVES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

♡♡♡Thanks for commenting, babe!♡♡♡