Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake Meets Kurt Cobain: An Interview with Sasssquatch

HEEEEY GUYS (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR OMGZ)!
I've been thinking about new, interesting ways to spruce up this blog for a stellar new year. The answer? Interviews! 
I'm gonna start interviewing some of my fave 'lil babes so we can all "ooh" and "ahhhhhhhh" over their radness while also finding out more about them!
My first interviewee: Sasssquatch!

 

I'm pretty sure Sasssquatch was born in a meadow filled with ice cream, fluffy bunnies, and the spikes you put on leather jackets, the daughter of a unicorn and Strawberry Shortcake. If you haven't already been crushing on her style since forever, lemme tell you: she's one of the most adorable (and definitely the sassiest) bloggers ever! She also just celebrated her two year birthday, and I got to interview her (partially) because of the occasion! Read the rest below and fall as much in love with her as I have <3

Who are you? How old are you? TELL US ABOUT YOU!
I am Caelan aka Sasssquatch. I turn 20 two after valentines day! I'm an Aquarius living on the island of Oahu, which yes, means I am a mermaid. I’m the youngest of four girls and I am a feminist studying journalism, fashion and women’s studies at the University of Hawaii!

If you could be an ice cream flavor, which would you be?
Strawberry ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.


Caelan took pictures of this outfit just for me!!! ISN'T SHE THE SWEETEST, CUTEST THING EVER?

Outfit Details:
Sweater: H&M (Lana Modeled it, HOLLA)
VestkLAWLdenae on Etsy, (by far the best Etsy purchase I've made thus far)
Dress: Forever21
Tights: Pretty Polly
Boots: Doc Martens


When did you start your blog? What got you into style blogging in the first place?
Sasssquatch.com was born December 24th 2010. I had a blog previously but what really got me into blogging was Chictopia, which I now don’t use anymore but also our goddess Tavi G! Not to mention as a 17 year old girl I had much too time on my hands and my love of writing and fashion made for the perfect combination.

What inspires your style?
Oh goodness, EVERYTHING. My three sisters, my grandmother who used to model fur coats, my best friends, Sofia Coppola, warm Sunday afternoons, childhood television shows, desserts, Japanese culture, and just my chameleon spirit that makes me want to evolve constantly.

What do you do when you're not blogging?
I work and I’m in school aka I’m boring.
If I’m not doing those I’m pantsless in my room watching Lizzie Mcguire.




How did you first become interested in fashion and style?
I never remember not being obsessed with fashion. As a preschooler I had my trademark outfit, a floral dress and pigtails and to be honest not much has changed.

Has blogging really changed your life?
Goodness yes, blogging has provided not only a comprehensive visual manifestation of my thoughts but also works as a time capsule and a portfolio for past outfits, posts and of course inspiration if I ever get in a rut.




Who would you name as your top 3 style icons?
Oh goodness that is unfair!!!
I’m gonna say my three sisters
3. Baby Spice
2. Helen Gurley Brown
1. Courtney Love
I wouldn’t be nearly as fashionable without them.

How would you describe your style in 5 words?
Strawberry Shortcake meets Kurt Cobain


What are your favorite books/movies/bands? Do they inspire your style?
Books: The Catcher in the Rye, The Bell Jar, It’s Kind of a Funny Story, Looking for Alaska, Elliott Smith and the Big Nothing and of course, Little Women
Movies: Empire Records, The Virgin Suicides, It’s Kind of a Funny Story, The Royal Tennenbaums, Rushmore, (ALL WES ANDERSON FILMS), Little Women, Alvin and the Chipmunks Great Adventure and of course, Little Rascals
Bands: Bikini Kill, No Doubt, The Smiths, B*Witched, Spice Girls, Saves the Day, Simon & Garfunkle, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Third Eye Blind, Rilo Kiley, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Killers GAH THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.
My books, movie and music taste is full of what one would call “guilty pleasures” but I don’t think of it that way. I like what I like and that directly effect my style, I dress how I like and I unbashfully don’t care what anyone else thinks.


Taken by her friend Kate

What are your favorite blogs?
Oh gosh, I have too many to count
I’ll list my top 5
1.    Rookie Mag, duh
2.    Your blog is totally one of my faves
3.    Mermaidens
4.    Cupcake’s Clothes

What inspired you to dye your hair?
Well, I went to a strict all girls school from 6th grade to high school, so maybe I’m rebelling for all those years of hair color conformity.

What is your most favorite part about blogging?
Just being able to express myself through my words.
Also being able to discuss anything I want and of course just seeing all the beautiful posts and outfits that my favorite girls come up with.


From a post in December

What is your least favorite part about blogging?
Just the fact that its hard at first when you start out to make friends.
That and some people only comment so you comment back not because they actually like your content and that’s just a shame.

Anything else you'd like to leave us with?

Have a wonderful day, and PLEASE keep it sassy,
Xoxoxo
Sasssquatch




Didn't I tell you she was rad?! So, go forth, young ones, and follow the sassiest ways of Sasssquatch! You will never, ever, ever be sorry.

Thanks for reading, and look for more ~blogger interviews~ in the future!

xoxo
Psychedelic Daisy

6 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG I LOVE YOU!!! can I interview you back???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview BY one of my favorite bloggers ABOUT one of my favorite bloggers! :D

    www.ee2be.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That denim jacket; with the pink mohair sweater and then the blue lace skirt! pleasure overload... I nominated you for the Liebster Award, the link is on my blog here: http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, aaaaahh, she is super awesome. And lives in Hawaii!!!!!! After I watched little women I wanted to be a little woman. And catcher in the rye is one of the best books I have ever read. She definitely reminds me of a mermaid, a magical lollipop type mermaid.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! see my post to answer questions and pass the award on! :) http://askthe-moon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

♡♡♡Thanks for commenting, babe!♡♡♡