Monday, May 6, 2013

Dream's Unwind, Love's a State of Mind

I went thrifting on Saturday and got cute clothes, so I dressed up as Stevie Nicks/a witch, OF COURSE! (I think the townspeople were seriously, actually scared of me. Always a total bonus, duh.)

Necklace: unknown
 Dress: thrifted
Lace shawl: vintage
Bag: thrifted 
Rings: Vintage and from a museum
Tights: Wal-Mart
Shoes: thrifted

I thrifted this BLACK VELVET DRESS (OMG VELVET) on Saturday (I also got a pencil skirt but I didn't take a picture) and it is AMAZING! It's way too small and has the most adorable shape and now I am the absolute raddest fat witch babe around!
Also: VELVET. Can we talk about the AMAZINGNESS that is velvet? I want everything ever ever to be in velvet, guys. It is actually the best!

This lace (which I think is a tablecloth but HELLO, looks fab as a shawl!) was my great-great-grandma's, and it's all yellowing and old and has holes and is basically SUPER COOL.

 Also: I had witchy red lipstick and witchy eyeliner. SUMMER WITCH 4EVER <3

My camera was being stupid and wouldn't take clear pics of my rad lace shawl! It's still rad as heckety peg, though!



 My dad gave me this crystal about a year ago, and I LOVEEEE it. It's totally bringin' more of the Stevie Nicks/witchy vibes and it's perfect.


I also thrifted this weaved straw bag on Saturday and I am OBSESSED with it. It's so rad and '60s and so cute! It's gonna be my new EVERYTHING EVER bag.

 My desk has been looking super cute over the past few weeks (with art and glitter and letters and general CUTE THINGS) (PLUS MY ALMOST-DONE LETTER TO ERYN IS THERE YAY)

And somehow all these adorable things with great colors ended up all stacked perfectly right now to each other! MAGIC, GUYS, I swear.

 Also, the weather has been so rad lately and it's totally warming up (YAY COME QUICK SUMMER PLS THANK YOU) so me and my brother listened/danced to records in the woods! We are trying to live a Moonrise Kingdom-like reality, I know. 



Then we continued to LIVE THE DREAM by sitting in our tree house while listening to records before my record player finally died (which was like, after two songs or something). We ate food and had general fun under the sun (also, the above picture shows my cute '50s-y look I was going for. I am dumb and forgot to take a picture of my awesome clothes). EVERYONE should sit in their tree house under the sun and listen to records during spring, guys! IT IS THE CLOSEST TO Badlands AND Moonrise Kingdom WE'LL EVER GET, sadly (but also not sadly because it is a rad experience in general).

I also recently became a contributor to The Pulp Zine! My first illustration went up on Lohla's Astreauxology article and I was so stoked! It's amazing to be a part of this thing with some of the super coolest babes EVER and I am so happy and excited for the future with more PULPINESS! <3

ANYWAYS, summer is MOST DEFINITELY knockin' on the door, and I am SO PUMPED. I have so many activities and plans and fun times I'm hoping to have this summer, and I can't wait for them to happen! 

What are you cutie-dolls doin' while the weather is sweet and sunny?

xoxo
Psychedelic Daisy


22 comments:

  1. wooow your outfit is rad as hell, Essine!! you're like a lanka or something. Your drawing is amazing, and I'm pumped for the letter!! :))

    Sigh, I wish I could be dancing in the woods with you and Mirren! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ERYN YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE QUEEN!! <3 and I'm so excited to send it, yayayayay!!
      We wish you were here too, bby!!! <3333

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. TELL ME: Where did you get that record player??

    (you can reply via e-mail: surfinusa79@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to send your e-mail, doll!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. question: are you the most fabulous person in the world
    answer: yep basically yeah pretty much completely
    <3333333
    send me your poetry, babe!
    <3
    gwen
    http://under-a-bridge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GWEN
      I WANT
      TO HUG YOU
      AND GIVE YOU CUTE THINGS YOU PRINCESS
      and I just sent some poetry to you on FB, bby!!! <3

      xox

      Delete
  4. Ahh, the velvet dress is so fab! I LOVE velvet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee, thank you babe!! I love velvet so much, it's so fab and '70s!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous outfit...you looks fabulous, as always! Your eye makeup is amazing. It's so awesome I kind of want to cry (don't worry, happy tears) <3 xx

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEEEKKKKK ELLIE YOU ARE A PRINCESS <3 I cry happy tears over your gorg blog all the time, bby!!
      xxoxo

      Delete
  6. You are so so so cool! Your velvet dress is amazing, can you lend it to me for her concert on Sunday? Also, it's super cool that you and your brother were dancing in the woods and I love your heart ring! You are awesome and so are your cat eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww awww aw, thank you darlin'! And if we didn't live light years apart I would DEFF BE LENDIN' YOU MY DRESS <3 You are the absolute best, princess!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. 2 QT OMG AND VELVET AND DESKS AND OMG OMG OMGEEEE <33 And I write for Pulp too now! I have contributed anything yet but asdfg i will soon

    yr looking fab as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEE EEEEE EEEEE DANI THANK YOU BBY <333333 also YES YES YES YOU'RE A PULP BABE TOO??? I can't wait to see what you contribute, queen!!!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. love the crystal, perfect outfit! :) sitting under trees and listening to records is basically my plan for the summer, so, y'know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee, thank you darlin'!! AND YESSS, that's my plan, too!! I'm gonna be a tree-sittin', record-listenin' girl all summer <333

      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I love love love your outfit! (Anything inspired by Stevie Nicks is usually rad.) Your illustration is lovely as well.
    (Also-did you get my package? The mail person told me that it wouldn't take long to reach you.) -Britney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW BRITNEY THANK YOU SO MUCH DARLIN'!! <3 And yup, I got it a few days ago!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Records in the woods sounds super rad and fab and I am jealous! Mine won't play without the plug :((( Your outfit is really cute and asdfghjkl your desk I want it!

    Jemima
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing!! And awww, mine always dies really quickly but portable record players are rad!! And eeeee, thank you bby!! <3

      Delete
  11. girl, you're GORGEOUS!
    this day in the woods sounds wonderful (i saw the pic and at once i thought about moonrise kingdom!) <3

    [my weirdoland - www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEE EEEK THANK YOU DARLIN' <3 And YAY I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU THOUGHT OF MOONRISE KINGDOM OMGGG! and it's so fab, you should definitely try it!!

      xoxo

      Delete

♡♡♡Thanks for commenting, babe!♡♡♡