Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thrift Finds #2

Helloooo everyone!
I've been really busy lately (lots of homework, rehearsals, tiredness), but not too busy for some ~THRIFT FINDS~! Here are some of my finds from one of my last thrifting trips!


 I am a total sucker for vintage paperbacks. 
HAS THERE EVER BEEN A MORE PERFECT ONE?

 More vintage paperbacks. Police Nurse looks like the perfect juicy '50s novel which I will probably never read, because I am a bad person who buys books to display and never reads them.
And this Empire of The East looks like my sci-fi dreams. RED HAIRED PEOPLE. BLUE GOWNS. RADICAL '70s ART.
Of course this was made for me.

We found these awesome vintage Packard ads, which were actually packaged. My brother got the other one.

 I love this ~magical~ brown floral fabric. 
IT'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL AND FLOWERY.

 My record haul for this trip...
Baja Marimba Band
Bruce Springsteen
Jerry Vale 

Wynona Carr
Elvis Presley 

I ACTUALLY FOUND AN ELVIS RECORDS. SERIOUSLY. FOR REALZ.
 I feel like Elvis is just so legendary that finding one his records is very ~historical~. Like, THIS IS ELVIS, GUYS.
And Wynona Carr is AMAZING. Her voice is so smooth and lovely and deep. LOOK UP HER MUSIC NOW. NOW, I SAY.

 Guitars Unlimited 
The Three Suns

I basically got that guitar album because it had this lady in a pretty dress with a guitar. 
Same with The Three Suns album. 
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?
I JUST LIKE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR ALBUM COVERS. 
Offenbach: Tales of Hoffman
Wayne King
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg 

Same with these three...
I do admit I went a little overboard with the records. Suddenly you come home, your thrifting-adrenaline drops, and then you go "Wait. Do I really need another slow waltzes record with a great cover of some girl in a white feathery dress?"
The answer is, generally, yes.

Psychedelic Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡♡♡Thanks for commenting, babe!♡♡♡